Virtual Saddle Fitting
Did you know that Cayuse Shop provides virtual saddle fitting? We do! If you are interested in a virtual saddle fitting this is what we need from you:
A good description of your horse
- Body type (breed of horse or guess on combination of breeds)
A variety of photos - Horse should be standing square, on level ground, and head should be held natural (how they typically hold it when you ride) - NO SADDLE
- Right side of horse, left side of horse, hind view with back, top view of the back (if you are able to safely take the photo)
- Saddle before ride and after ride
- Saddle placement before ride (without rider)
- Saddle placement after ride (without rider)
- Left side and right side of sweat patterns after ride/what the horses hair looked like after the ride
Video - Saddled with a rider (note: if you lunge before you ride make sure to check saddle placement before you ride)
- Horse with rider walking away - ideally a good portion in a straight line
- Horse with rider walking toward - ideally a good portion in a straight line
- Horse with rider trotting away - ideally a good portion in a straight line
- Horse with rider trotting toward - ideally a good portion in a straight line
Though virtual saddle fitting isn’t as ideal as in person saddle fitting it can be a good guide to getting horse properly fit. After the evaluation of photos we may have a series of questions to ask you to do our best to assist you with your saddle fit. Some of the questions we may ask are as follows:
Did the saddle stay in place?
- Did it slide back?
- Did it slide forward?
- Did it shift side to side?
How does the contact feel?
- Is the contact equal from the top of the tree down?
- Is the contact the same from the front of the tree all the way back?
Any additional information you have will be helpful in you achieving your saddle fit at home. If you are interested in a virtual saddle fit please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 608-643-4411 if you have any additional questions. The Cayuse Shop staff is always ready and willing to help assist you the best we can!